The Deschutes Rim Health Clinic is a rural community health care organization located in Maupin, Oregon. The clinic’s service area is within a federally-designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA), meaning it has an “acute shortage of health care providers” and also is a federally-designated Medically Underserved Area (MUA), meaning it lacks the resources “to meet the medical needs of the resident population.”
The goals of the clinic are to provide quality primary health care services to the community, to provide health education that is oriented toward health maintenance and prevention and to offer specialty services to an isolated community.
- Preventive health care screenings such as low-cost laboratory tests, physicals including sports exams, immunizations
- Chronic disease management for high blood pressure, diabetes, coronary artery disease, etc.
- Acute illness and/or injury management on a same day basis: fevers, colds, cuts, bruises, strains and sprains, etc.
- Vaccinations for children up through age 18, with or without insurance
- It is the intention of Deschutes Rim Health Clinic to offer as much same day services, in addition to appointments, as possible with one full-time provider.
We are not an emergency room or urgent care facility, but we try to provide immediate care services when you need them. We have one provider and a small staff with limited resources; sometimes you may be directed to go to the nearest hospital or call 9-1-1 for an ambulance to get you there.
WE NEED ADVANCE NOTICE FOR PRESCRIPTION REFILLS!
But if you are traveling in the area and forgot your medications, we may be able to help you. Please come in for an appointment so we can evaluate and assist you with your needs.